An 8' x 5' single axle trailer is a great size for all those big jobs where weight is not an issue. It has most of the advantages of a tandem trailer but with the convenience that a single axle trailer will give you. Without brakes this trailer is rated at 1500kg GVM and up to 2000kg GVM with brakes.
- Deck Size 2440mm x 1530mm (8' x 5')
- Single axle 14" wheels
- Fully welded steel chassis
- Steel panel sides/tailgates
- Hinging front and rear tailgate
- Full length tie rails
- 17mm Plywood decking (options available - See "Trailer Decking" )
- 1500kg GVW/GTM (can be upgraded if required)
- Tare Weight 280kg
- Maximum load capacity 1220kg unbraked (NZ)
- Maximum load capacity 470kg unbraked, 1220kg braked (Australia)
- Brakes optional (See "Legal Braking Requirements NZ & Australia" for more information)
If you are using plywood for decking material, please check with your local suppliers for true 8' x 4' sheet sizes (2440 x 1220mm) as these can be difficult to source. The design below is for a true 8' (2440mm) trailer and if 2440mm sheets are unavailable, you will need to compensate by reducing the chassis rails, side panels and side tie rails by 40mm. All other measurements will be the same as shown. The trailer will be a true 5' (1530mm) wide
NOTE -If are contemplating galvanising your trailer it pays to do a bit of prep work on your cross members prior to welding. Please check the Pre-Finishing page prior to starting.